Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yeah, I'm slack I know!

Only in the blogging sense mind you! I still run just as much, whinge as much (if not more) and curse my paternal grandmothers genes just as much as ever!

But, I am slack in the blogging arena of late and I apologise profusely. I have picked up an extra day at work and Bob now sleeps in the room which houses the computer. I am determined not to let this fall by the way-side though so I am going to make a concerted effort to update with a decent blog at least once a week. Weight loss and exercise are very much a daily frustration/lesson for me so there is more to be said!

We are off to Fiji on Tuesday - HOORAY. I have two sets of swimmers picked out and have been mentally prepping myself for the confidence to wear both without a kaftan over top! I can't wait. Muscle Man keeps lamenting to me that he is looking forward to a whole week off exercise, I lament back that I am looking forward to crisp morning runs along Fijian beaches (that and the cocktails).

I haven't been jogging outside to much at the moment as I have a seriously debilitating fear of Magpies (anyone else?). Sexy Twin on the other hand thinks she is the Maggie whisperer and runs with them daily. She takes their swooping her as a sign of encouragement and runs faster (more like runs away...).

I am thinking it's almost time to either upgrade my faithful treadmill or invest in another piece of equipment. Maybe a x-trainer. Any thoughts? I am also determined to start attending at least 1 pump class at the gym per week with Muscle Man. I simply HATE weights and yet I completely recognise their benefits.

On another note if anyone wants to pay for me to have liposuction and a boob job, feel free!!

Until next time, Bula Vinaka - Am off for the morning run!

3 comments:

Shrinking Tardie said...

Alfie,

We invested in a x-trainer earlier this year (An evo something or other) - it hurts. We call it brutus! Wonderful workout and very different to the the treadmill.

Enjoy Fiji!

Nat

Anonymous said...

Crisp morning runs!! HA! The only crisp thing will be the sand crunching underfoot - it will be warm by the time you get up babe!

We have a cross trainer, you can borrow it when you get back for a week and see if you like it enough to buy one.

Nads xox

Jodie said...

I love Pump classes. Just stand behind your man and admire his muscles - that should help make the class go a bit faster!

Enjoy your holiday, I'm very jealous!