Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The TimTam Binge

Oh dear, not more than 10 minutes ago I hoed down 3 TimTams, one straight after the other! Tim Tams have not been present in our house in a number of years (to my knowledge anyway) and my lovely Jim just pointed out a packet he and Muscle Man bought this morning whilst I was at work.

Cue a momentary freak out followed by a salivating me and you have 3 TimTams gone in under 2 minutes flat.

So, now as I sit here pondering this predicament I seem faced with a few options.

1). Curl into the foetal position and howl like a baby at my lack of self-control, and subsequent regret (I clearly ate them so fast I didn't savour the taste!).

2). Increase my run by an extra 10 minutes today to work off at least 2 of the little chocolate devils.

3). Bugger the rest of the day and eat anything and everything in sight including any drive through takeaway options in my area, just because I can and I stuffed up before midday so why not keep the trend up.

4). Get over it! Big whoop, an extra 300 calories, I'll just feed the baby a few more times today and really, he wanted a few chocolate laden milk calories anyway right?!

5). All of the above.

I shall be back later to update you on which I chose ;o)

**************************

OK, I'm back! So after this mornings little indescretion I can advise that despite the desire to go with option 3 I did indeed choose options 2 and 4!

I didn't run for any longer than usual but I did increase the speed from my usual intervals of 9km/ph 10, and 11 to a speedy 11,12 and 13. I then followed up my 30 minute run up with a 30 minute weights session. TimTams, what TimTams? :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I know your predicament only too well! You argue with yourself for a good few minutes beforehand, sometimes even walking away from the cupboard only to return some minutes later to scoff down whatever it is you know you shouldn't be!! Why do we do it, I have know idea- we know the consequences, the feelings of guilt etc.. and yet we still do it!! At least you worked them off, good on you Alfie!! PS. My size 8 clothes are lose now, after stciking to my "basic" approach I mentioned two weeks ago- and yet it still suprises me how simple it is!

Ciao

L

Alfie said...

Lil - WHERE IS YOUR BLOG!!!!!?????

I need to read your sentiments seeing as they are mine ;o)

Actually, your comments make me feel so much better )bar the size 8 ;o) )

Alf xxx

Descentia said...

Oh wow. here I am sitting on my fat arse after scarfing a KitKat thinking the same things. Minus the run. I haven't got that far yet. Although I have purchased a DVD called 'BOLLYWOOD DANCE WORKOUT' so that kinda counts...right?

Alfie said...

tee hee, YUM a kit kat, and a link, I hear ya!!

:o)