Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Quizz Me

Hello my faithful fab readers,

I apologise for the lapse in my blog over the last few days. Muscle Man is away on business again (Nardi is convinced he is an Air Marshall he travels so much) but alas, he is off gallivanting the country, wining and dining with clients, and overall having at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep in some posh hotel room. Damn him!

Meanwhile, I am at home with a cheeky 3 yr old who keeps telling me he is trying to "behave" (yeah right), a 7 month old who has his seventh tooth coming through, and a cat who is painstakingly annoying at any given time of the day! Again, damn him (Muscle Man that is).

I was pondering my blog earlier today (as I do) and was thinking that I am determined NOT to turn this into another "Dear Diary" style of writing (or reading). Some times my days are as boring as watching paint dry, and I simply can't bear to do myself, or you, an injustice by writing about such monotonous things. Imagine, it would read like this:

Dear Diary,

Today I woke up and ate a piece of multi-grain bread and a poached egg. Then I packed the dishwasher and in my usual state, being 'dazed and confused', I packed Bob in there alongside the dishes. Oops. After this I decided coffee was in order.

An hour later with coffee coursing through my veins, I decided to attempt to clean the house...an hour later I woke up in time for Dr Phil. Again, Oops.

This afternoon I managed to coax Jim into having a sleep (lured him into his room and then sprinted for the door before he could say "Mum, where are you going?" and jumped on my treadmill for a 45 minute run.

Then for dinner I ate 3 pieces of fish smothered in tarter sauce, a trough of salad, a dozen baked potatoes and a chocolate mousse for dessert.

Yes, all in all a good day (bar dinner, Bob in the dishwasher and the house in it's usual state).

End entry.

Yes, let's be honest, NO ONE wants to read that every day! I am almost cringing writing it!

Given my whole desire is to write about weight loss and the things which I find hard, the aspects which I enjoy, the "can't be arsed moments" I want to make sure each entry is worthy of reading and possibly provides a glimmer of inspiration along the way (Hmm is that self-serving I wonder?).

Anyway, with that in mind I thought maybe I would put it out there to you guys to give me some good suggestions, ideas, or even questions you may have regarding my thoughts and ideas on weight loss, exercise, goal setting...

If there are things you struggle with, questions regarding exercise routines, foods I eat, recipes I cook, movie reviews, my thoughts on Peter Everett and Global Warming - I'll answer (OK, with the execption of Global Warming).

And of course, if no one has any suggestions, that's cool too. I'll be back with own attempt at a witty diatribe rabbiting on about my journey from Fat to Fab!

Until then, keep taking those baby steps :o)

6 comments:

DragonflyGal said...

Having had the pleasure of sampling your culinary skills, I vote for a post on some healthy recipes!!
Mwah x

Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble with belief in myself and my ability to achieve 'health.' How did you get through that sort of thing? I fluctuate so much in that aspect of this journey. I tend to dive emotionally and then do the old comfort eating thing - that provides no comfort at all! How did you 'get over' emotional eating? or was it a slower process where as your self esteem improves, your desire/need to eat for comfort decreases? I feel that this is holding me back... that 'I' am holding 'me' back. It is related to how I perceive others belief in me to be. Hmm, dunno if that made any sence at all!! :)
Thanks, Judi

emma.jean said...

You know, I actually don't find the dear diary entry too boring - I like those kind of posts, it makes me feel like I can relate to the writer. There are plenty of motivational / technique etc articles on the web already, but to me it is the personal aspect of bloggers' lives that appeals. What I would be interested in would also be more of your insights / reflections / thoughts, the things you struggle with and the ways you have overcome them etc...

Nayes said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that you really speak to me as a mum of 3 kids who has for the last 12 years struggled with her weight. So much of what you write strikes a chord with me.
What I would like to know is what did you actually do when the light globe went off in your head to actually make the desire and resolve to loose weight become a reality. Would love to see sample daily eating plans from before and compare to now.

Anonymous said...

Hi all, thanks so much for the comments! They are all great.

Just wanted to let you know I'll update this arvo after my run :) I have my best writters inspiration after I've pondered my response on a good, sweaty run :)

Stay tuned,

Alfie.

Kelly said...

Hi Alfie, I am loving your blog and your daily posts. I would love to see some help with snack ideas. I find it really hard to find, exciting and healthy snacks..its often easier to munch my way through some crackers and cheese with the kids! And also some pointers on how I can start running. Thanks Kelly