Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Getting Dressed

I am sitting here waiting for Muscle Man to get home from work. I have conveniently persuaded him to take young Bob with him to pick up Jim from "Little School" so that I can go for a run before I lose the light. The sun seems to be setting around 5.45pm these days so if I am not out the door, racing up the streets, by 5.30 at the latest, I feel I've missed the boat and laziness sets in.

Muscle Man joked that he would get me a hat with a torch attached, such as they wear when mining, to enable my running at night. I told him not to joke, I actually want one :o) But in all seriousness aside from the dark, there is always the very real and unnerving thought that it's not entirely safe for a female to be out wandering (OK, jogging) the streets at night alone. Especially one who has now lost weight equivalent to her left thigh and feels quite sexy and powerful whilst running.

Muscle Man is expected home any moment and now that I have lovingly convinced him to take Bob (hmmm, that could sound like I performed some kind of pleasurable favours, which I ASSURE you I did not) I must get out and prove my worth on tonight's run (rather than take the oppurtunity of a completely silent house to have a sleep!). I am currently sitting here in my Ugh boots, a blanket sized jumper, hair in a state of disarray and parachute sized track suit pants. Hey, surely we all agree the biggest, daggiest clothes are the most comfy for slothing around the house in! I know the minute I don my running leggings, singlet top and sweat bands (joke) I'll be all psyched and set for running. The main thing holding me back at this very second, is the situation with my sneakers! Oh well, in the interim to buying new amazing shoes that carry me the distance without any effort on my behalf, I shall make do with the shoes I have and hope tonight's efforts don't result in any sudden dislocation of the little toe (any excuse to quit right).

****************************************
Am home from tonight's run. I must remember to stretch better after completing each run as tonight I felt stiff as a board. On that note, off to stretch now!

1 comment:

DragonflyGal said...

Hey you can get head torch things from the supermarket for about $10 that sit around your head! You could put it on your hat. You might look like a dag but you'll look worse if you trip over!!