Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mind over matter

So often exercise comes down to this for me.

Will I, won't I? Should I, can I?

I generally have a handful of good and valid reasons not too bother. At the moment it's the fact that Muscle Man is still away so I have Jim and Bob and no spare hands. I had a day off exercise yesterday for this reason though and in all truthfulness this excuse actually doesn't stick. I have sufficient weights for a home training session, I have a treadmill which works fine, I have a twin jogging pram which I run with on my own regularly. So what's really the excuse?

Laziness. Pure unadulterated laziness. I simply can't be arsed today. But, not being arsed was what landed me in the doldrums of being overweight in the first instance so mentally I realise laziness simply isn't good enough.

I read a comment on a blog written by Shauna Reid, aka: Dietgirl http://www.dietgirl.org that the Biggest Loser trainer, Gillian Michaels had this to say regarding exercise:


"there's never a moment when I'm lifting a weight or doing a push-up where I think I love this! But I love the results."
http://www.dietgirl.org/dietgirl/2007/08/set-the-night-o.html

That is so very true and in the same regard, there is NEVER a time after exercise where I regret having moved my butt. Quite the opposite in fact. I feel immense pride that I DID get up and move my booty. So, with that in mind I need to get off said deriere and start this weights session!

***********************************
45 mins of weights over and done with, situp's, squats - the works. Mind over matter really is the key (oh and a little motivation never goes astray).

No comments: